1. Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, cardamom and sugar in a bowl.
2.Heat milk, butter and salt until warm. Add to the flour mixture.
3. Beat eggs. Add to above. Beat at low for 1 minutes, add wheat germ, then beat at high for 2 minutes.
4. Mix in remaining flour - or until you just have a soft dough - by hand.
5. Turn out and knead for 5-8 minutes. Cover and let rise until double (about 1 hour). Punch down. Divide in half.
6. Divide each half into 3 pieces. Let rest covered for 10 minutes.
7. Roll each piece into a 16inch rope. Use three pieces to make a braid. Can leave the braid straight or roll into a circle. Cover and let rise until double (20-40 minutes.)
8. Brush with milk and sprinkle on some sugar. Bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes.