1 tbsp. olive oil
1 pound boneless sirloin steak, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 3/4 cups chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup dry red wine
2 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 cups sliced carrot (about 5 medium)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 thyme sprigs
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
3 tbsp. water
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add steak, onion, and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until steak is browned. Add beef broth and next 3 ingredients to pan; stir well to combine. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in carrot, mushrooms, and thyme; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
3. Combine flour and water in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk; add to steak mixture in pan. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until thick. Remove and discard thyme; stir in salt and pepper.
4. Preheat oven to 425º.
5. Spoon steak filling into a 9 -inch deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Unroll pie dough; cut small slits in center to vent, and place over filling. Fold edges under; flute.
6. Bake for 17-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional info: 327 calories, 15g fat (5g sat fat), 53mg chol, 545mg sod, 29g carbs, 2g fiber, 20g protein