1. Preheat oven to 300º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw a 9" circle on the parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Gradually add the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, beating well after each
addition. Beat until thick and glossy. Gently fold in vanilla extract and cornstarch.
3. Spoon mixture inside the circle drawn on the parchment paper. Working from the center, spread mixture toward the outside
edge, building edge slightly. This should leave a slight depression in the center.
4. Bake for 1 hour. Do not open the oven door while baking. Leave to cool in the over when done.
5. In a small bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form, set aside.
6. When ready to serve, remove parchment paper and place meringue on a flat serving plate. Fill the center with the whipped
cream and top with mixed berries.