2 whole chicken legs and 2 whole chicken breasts
1/2 c. flour
1/3 c. salad oil or shortening
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 (1 lb., 4 oz.) can sliced pineapple (in syrup)
1 c. sugar
2 tbsp. cornstarch
3/4 c. cider vinegar
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. ginger
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 lg. green pepper, cut crosswise in 1/4 inch circles
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Wash chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Coat chicken with flour.
2. Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and brown on all sides. Remove and place into a shallow roasting pan, arranging pieces skin side up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
4. Drain pineapple by pouring syrup into 2-cup measuring cup. Add water to make 1 1/4 cups.
5. In medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, pineapple syrup, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, and bouillon cube; bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes and pour over chicken.
6. Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes. Add pineapple slices and green pepper; bake 30 minutes longer, or until chicken is tender. Serve with fluffy white rice.