2 1/4 c.crushed vanilla wafers
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
5 tbsp. butter, melted
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 (6-oz.) box strawberry gelatin
1 1/3 c. boiling water
3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
3 c. heavy whipping cream
1 c. confectioner's sugar
3 c. chopped fresh strawberries
3 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
2 (8-oz.) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed
fresh strawberries and fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. For crust: In a large bowl, stir together cookie crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter. Add egg white, stirring to combine. Press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
3. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
4. For filling: In a medium bowl, whisk together gelatin and 1 1/3 c. boiling water until gelatin is dissolved. (about two minutes) Cover and refrigerate until mixture is thickened but not set, about 1 hour, watching closely.
5. Pour mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer. Stir in lemon juice. Beat at medium-high speed until thick and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
6. In a medium bowl, beat cream with mixer at medium speed until foamy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Stir in strawberries and basil. Add to gelatin mixture, stirring gently to combine. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
7. Top tart with whipped topping. Garnish with strawberries and basil, if desired.