1½ cups cake flour or all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ 8-oz carton of sour cream
⅓ cup vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten
¼ cup fresh culinary rose petals, chopped (or 2 T dried rose petals), plus more for topping
1 tsp bottled rose water
1 tsp pink peppercorns, finely crushed, plus more for topping
4 oz softened cream cheese
¾ cup powdered sugar
3 T milk
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 3-inch donut or muffin pant with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir to incorporate until smooth after each addition.
3. Add sour cream, oil, egg, ¼ water, rose petals, rose water, and peppercorns.
4. Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling each cup about half full. Chill remaining batter.
5. Bake 12 - 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing. Cool completely. Repeat baking process with reserved batter.
6. While baking, beat softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk in a medium mixing bowl until smooth.
7. Dip tops of tea cakes in the cream cheese glaze. Sprinkle with additional rose petals and peppercorns. Store in an airtight container up to 2 days or freeze unglazed cakes up to 1 month.