½ lb ground beef or turkey
¾ c onion, chopped
¾ c carrots, shredded
¾ c zucchini, shredded
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried parsley
3 c chicken broth (can make with 3 cups of water with 4 tsp of chicken boullion)
4 c potatoes, peeled and diced
¼ c flour
8 oz American (or Velveeta) cheese, cut in pieces
1½ c milk
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¼ c sour cream
1. In a 3 quart pot, brown meat, onions, carrots, and zucchini, until tender; drain.
2. Add basil, parsley, salt, and pepper.
3. Add in chicken broth and diced potatoes, bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to low, add cheese pieces.
6. In a small bowl combine the flour and milk.
7. Add this flour/milk mixture to the soup. Cook and stir until the soup thickens and cheese melts.
8. Remove from heat and add in sour cream.