1. Put 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, and milk into pan over medium heat. STIR AT ALL TIMES.
2. Cook until a little bit thick. Add 1 tablespoon of the mixture to the separated egg yolks.
3. Add the egg yolks to the pan. Continue stirring until thick.
4. Remove from heat when thick, add margarine and vanilla.
5. In a pyrex pan. layer the vanilla wafers and banana slices. Do 2-3 alternating layers depending on the size of the pan.
6. Pour mixture over the wafers and bananas.
1. Put 3 egg whites in a bowl and blend with a mixer until they turn white and fluffy.
2. As the mixture is being beat, add the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, beating in between each tablespoon.
3. Once all sugar is done, beat for an additional minute before adding the cream of tartar.
4. Beat in vanilla extract.
5. Spread over the top of the banana pudding.
6. Place in an oven on broil to brown the top of the meringue. Keep in mind, this only takes about a minute to brown.