* In a large pot filled 2/3 full of water, add a Tbsp. of salt.
* Heat the pot on medium-high heat. When the water boils, add the cubed potatoes.
* While the potatoes are cooking, in a large bowl, beat the eggs with a fork and add the salt and pepper.
* Using a soup spoon, stir in the flour and enough milk to make a soft dough that stays together.
* Using a teaspoon, drop the dumplings (egg mixture) one at a time, into the boiling water with the potatoes. The egg mixture will fall off the spoon with a little shake in the hot water.
* Turn the heat down so the potatoes and dumplings simmer.
* Cook until the dumplings float to the top and then 2 more minutes.
* Drain the potatoes and dumplings and return them to the pot.
* Add the butter and the half and half and stir to combine. Add more salt and pepper if you desire.
* Pour the potatoes and dumplings into a serving bowl and you are ready to eat. These are good with grilled sausages or pork chops.