11.25 Oz AP Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
10.5 oz granulated sugar
2 oz. cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces
Chai Spice Blend (1/4 tsp each ground cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and cloves plus a pinch of pepper)
6 Tb unsalted butter, melted and still warm
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 Tb whole milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1) Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3) Place 10.5 oz sugar and cream cheese in a large bowl. Pour warm butter over and whisk to combine. Some small lumps may remain, these will smooth out later. Whisk in the oil until incorporated. Add egg, milk, vanilla and chai spices; continue to whisk until smooth. Add flour mixture and mix with a rubber spatula until soft, homogeneous dough forms.
4) Working with 2 Tb of dough at a time, roll into balls. Working in batches, roll half of dough balls in remaining sugar to coat and set on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining balls. Using the bottom of a greased measuring cup, flatten dough balls until 2" in diameter. Sprinkle topes evenly with remaining sugar, using about 2 Tsp for each sheet.
5) Bake 1 sheet at a time until the edges of cookies are set and beginning to brown, 11 to 13 minutes, rotating pans halfway through. Let cookies cool on sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks and cool to room temp.
MAKES 24 COOKIES