1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 cup beef or low sodium chicken broth
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small sweet onion, diced
1 small green bell pepper, diced
1 pound lean ground beef
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons taco seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar or monterey jack cheese
6 hamburger buns
1. Preheat broiler.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and broth. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high. Add the onion and peppers; sauté 3 minutes until tender. Add in the beef and continue to cook, breaking it up and browning, for another 3 minutes. Drain off fat.
4. Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper.
5. Give the broth and cornstarch a quick stir and add it to the skillet; simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens slightly.
6. Scoop some mixture onto buns, top with 1/4 cup cheese, and stick under the broiler until melted (keep a close eye, so nothing burns!)
7. Serve warm with chips and enjoy!