3/4 cup walnuts, lightly toasted and finely chopped
1/2 cup maple sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups very ripe bananas mashed
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1. preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 10 x 4-inch (25 x 10 cm) loaf pan.
2. In a bowl, combine the walnuts, maple sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add the butter and mix with your fingertips until the dough is just moistened. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the bananas, maple syrup, butter and eggs. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Stir in the banana mixture until the batter is just moistened.
5. Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
6. Sprinkle the crumble on top.
7. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.