12 16 asparagus spears, trimmed
6 8 pork cutlets
1/2 c. cream cheese, softened
2 T. green onions
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced into 12 16 pieces
Additional salt and pepper
1. Place trimmed asparagus in a small pan. Cover with water and
bring to a boil. Cover, remove from heat and let steam for
about 3-5 minutes, until just tender.
Drain and rinse asparagus with cold water.
2. In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, green onions, 1 t. salt,
1/2 t. pepper and 1/2 t. garlic powder until combined.
3. Spoon some of the cream cheese mixture into the center of each cutlet.
Top with 2 asparagus spears and 2 slices red pepper.
4. Roll up each pork cutlet and secure with a toothpick.
Season with salt and pepper.
5. Place the rolled-up cutlets in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20-35 minutes (depending on thickness of cutlets),
until pork if fully cooked.