* To separate leaves from cabbage head, remove core & cover cabbage with cold water. Let stand about 10 minutes, remove cabbage from water & gently peel off 12 leaves. Cover leaves with boiling water. Let stand for about 10 minutes until leaves are limp. Drain.
* Mix together: hamburger, sausage, rice, onion, salt, pepper & garlic.
* Form mixture into small rolls.
* Roll up in cabbage leaves, tucking in sides.
* Cover with tomato juice.
* Place rolls seam side down in ungreased baking dish.
* Cover & bake @ 350ºF for 45 minutes.
When Mom was trying to get Tim to help her with a task around the farm, she always said, "No matter what job he's working on, that Tim spent more time making a motor for it than it would have taken him to just do it!"~Beth