1/2 lb. Kale, large stems removed and leaves finely chopped
11/2 tsp kosher salt
3/4 lb. Sweet Potatoes peeled and cut into 1/4 dices
2 cups Quinoa, rinsed & well drained
1 sm. yellow onion finely diced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
2 tsp minced fresh dill
2 tsp cayenne pepper ( optional )
4 large beaten eggs
Olive oil for Frying
1. In large pot bring 4 cups water to boil. Add Kale and salt. Cook 1 minute. Using slotted spoon remove Kale to a large bowl when cool squeeze excess water and set Kale aside. Reserve cooking water.
2. Bring reserved water to a boil and add sweet potatoes and simmer until crisp-tender, about 3 min. Using a slotted spoon scoop potatoes into a bowl and set aside. Still reserving water.
3. Measure out 3 cups of cooking water, discarding the rest.Bring to boil and add quinoa and stir. Reduce heat to medium low cover pot and simmer until water is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside covered, 10 minutes.
4. Add quinoa to bowl of Kale and toss to combine. Gently mix in reserved sweet potatoes, onions Parmesan cheese and cayenne, Set aside to cool 10 minutes. Add eggs and mix to combine. Salt & Pepper to taste.
5. In a large skillet heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Working in batches, cook until golden brown, carefully flip the cakes and brown other side about 4 minutes. If needed add more oil to pan.
These can be made ahead and refrigerated, up to 1 day.
Serve warm as appetizer, side dish or snack.
You can serve this with a quick creamy sauce of Greek style yogurt with dill, lemon juice, salt & pepper to taste.