1. In a mixing bowl combine 11/2 cups of the flour and the yeast.
2. Combine warm water and the 3 Ts of sugar and 1 T of salt.
3. Pour the water, sugar , and salt mixture over the flour mixture.
4. Use an electric mixture to beat for 3 minutes at LOW speed. scrape the bowl and beat 3 minutes at HIGH speed.
5. Add as much of the remaining flour into the mix using a wooden spoon.
6. Turn the mixture out onto a lightly floured suface, knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic. This should take about 6 to 8 minutes.
7. Cover and let rest 10 minutes
8. Cut into 12 portions and shape each into a ball. Punch a hole in the middle of the ball and pull gently to make a 1-11/2 inch hole.
9. Place on a greased baking sheet, cover and let rise 20 minutes.
10. Broil 5 inches from heat 3 to 4 minute.(Do not brown) turn bagles and repeat on other side.
11.Bring one gallon of water and 1 T of sugar to a boil, reduce heat.
12. Cook 4 to 5 bagels at a time in water for 7 minutes, turning once; drain.
13. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake in a 375 F oven for 25 to 30 minutes