1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist chocolate fudge cake mix
1 1/3 cups water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups cut-up fresh strawberries
2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) semisweet baking chocolate, finely chopped
1 1/3 cups whipping (heavy) cream
1/4 cup butter (do not use margarine)
6 fresh strawberries, cut in half lengthwise through stem
1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
1/2 tsp. vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 350º. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, 1/2 cup oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
2. Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, in large bowl, place chopped chocolate; set aside. In 2-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream and butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted and mixture comes to a boil. Pour cream mixture over chocolate; stir until smooth.
4. Line bottom of 9-inch springform pan with a circle of waxed paper. Cut cake into 1-inch cubes. In large bowl, beat half of the cake cubes on low speed until cake is crumbly. Add remaining cake cubes and 1 3/4 cups of the ganache (reserve remaining ganache). beat on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed until well combined (mixture will look like fudge). Fold in 2 cups cut-up strawberries. Spoon mixture into springform pan; smooth top. Cover with plastic wrap; freeze 45 minutes or until firm enough to unmold.
5. Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake mixture. Place serving plate upside down on pan; turn pan and plate over. Frost side and top of cake with remaining ganache. Arrange strawberry halves on top of cake.
6. In small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips and 1/2 tsp. oil uncovered on high 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted. Place in small resealable food storage plastic bag. Cut off a tiny corner of the bag. Drizzle over top of cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cake is best served the same day.