6 Large Artichokes (Cleaned Stems cut off, and choke scraped out,outer leaves removed).
3 Cups Bread crumbs ( Italian Style)
6 Cloves garlic (Minced)
1 Small bunch Flat leaf parsley (chopped fine)
1/2 Cup Grated cheese ( Romano or Parmesean)
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
1/4 cup extra Virgin oilve oil
Water (Enough to come up 1/2- 3/4 of the way up the sides of the artichokes)
4 TBS. Extra virgin oilve oil (2 Tbs for cooking liquid, 2 TBS for Drizzling over the tops before simmering)
4 Cloves Garlic
1 Pinch Kosher salt
1/4 tsp Black pepper
Remainder of bread crumb mixture
1. Clean artichokes wash well, Remove outer leaves.With a teaspoon scrape out the fuzzy choke, rinse well ( let the artichokes float upside down in a bowl of cold water until your ready to use them) Cut stems off so that the artichokes can stand.
2..In a medium bowl add breadcrumbs, grated cheese, salt, pepper, minced garlic,parsley, olive oil. Mix well the breadcrumbs should only be damp from the olive oil.
3. With a teaspoon stuff the atrichokes.
4.In a large heavy oven proof with cover pot add the remaining bread crumb mixture, garlic cloves ,salt, pepper, 2 TBS. olive oil, some water, mix well.
5. Place artichokes in pot( they should be touching so that they dont fall over during cooking)
6. Drizzle the tops with the remaining 2 TBS. of olive oil.
7. Cover with lid and bring to a boil.
8. Reduce heat to a slow simmer.and cook until tender . Approximatley 25-35 minutes.( leaf should be able to be pulled off with ease).
9. Transfer pot into a preheated 350º oven bake until tops are golden brown.