1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Pulse walnuts in a food processor until the texture of coarse sand.
3. Combine coconut oil, almond butter, sugar, egg, and walnuts in a medium bowl. Mix well.
4. In a separate small bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar. Add to wet ingredients and stir to combine.
5. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine. Let dough cool in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes (or more, don’t skip this step!).
6. For regular sized cookies, make 1” balls of dough and place on cookie sheet. Flatten slightly and bake for 8-9 minutes.
7. For extra-large cookies (roughly the size of your child’s head), make 2” diameter balls of dough and place on cookie sheet, spaced well apart. Flatten slightly and bake for 12-13 minutes.
8. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Store in a plastic container at room temperature.