1 16oz package frozen Cod/Flounder or Haddock
1 lb medium Shrimp or 1 12oz package frozen
1 6oz package Crabmeat
7 T. butter
1 lb Mushrooms sliced
1/3 cup all purpose Flour
1 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Pepper
4 C Half & Half Cream
1 C Milk
1 10oz package frozen Peas
1/4 C Cooking Sherry
3/4 C shredded Cheddar Cheese (or Spread)
2 4oz jar Pimento (drained)
1.Thaw fish, cut in bite size chunks. Shell and devein shrimp (if using fresh)
2. In a 4qt pan, heat - 3 tablespoons butter, and saute mushrooms. Remove to a bowl.
3. In the 4qt pan - heat 4 tablespoons butter until melted.
4. Next, slowly stir in flour into the butter, and add salt, and pepper until blended: cook one (1) minute.
4. Gradually stir in Half & Half and whole milk until mixture is smooth.
5. Add fish chunks, shrimp, frozen peas, crabmeat with it's liquid and mushrooms.
6 Cook, stirring frequently until fish flakes easily when tested with fork and shrimp are tender and mixture is slightly thickened. (Will not take very long - fish and shrimp cook quickly)
7. Stir in cheese and pimento; cook until cheese is melted.