Tartar Sauce (right)
1 16oz. container lump crabmeat
2 large egg whites
1 small onion, grated
1 small zucchini (about 6 ounces), coarsely shredded
2 T. reduced-fat cholesterol-free mayonnaise
1 T. Worcestershire
2 tsp. dry mustard
½ tsp. salt
1 cup finely crushed saltine crackers (about 25)
½ bunch watercress
About 45 minutes before serving:
1. Prepare tartar sauce; cover and refrigerate
2. Preheat oven to 450 degree. Pick over crabmeat to remove any pieces of shell or cartilage.
3. In medium bowl, beat egg whites, onion, zucchini, mayo, Worcestershire, dry mustard, and salt until blended; stir in crabmeat and all but 2 T. cracker crumbs. Shape crab mixture into six 3 ½-inch patties (mixture is very soft and moist). Coat patties with remaining cracker crumbs.
4. Spray 15 ½ “ by 10 ½ “ jellyroll pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place crab cakes in pan. Lightly spray crab cakes with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through, turning once.
5. Arrange crab cakes on platter. Garnish with watercress. Serve with Tartar Sauce. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
In small bowl, combine ½ cup reduced fat cholesterol free mayo dressing, 3 T. sweet pickle relish and 1 tsp. Dijon mustard until blended.