1. Make dough: In a large bowl, combine 1 C flour, sugar, non-desolved yeast and salt. Heat water, milk and 1/3 C butter until very warm (120 to 130F). Butter does not need to melt. Gradually add to dry ingredients; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scrapping bowl occasionally. Add ½ C flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl occasionally. With spoon, stir in enough additional flour to make soft dough. Kneed on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Place in bowl coated with “Bakers Joy”. Spray top of dough with “Bakers Joy”. Cover, let rise in warm, draft free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour (for Rapid Rise Yeast, cover kneaded dough and let stand on work surface 10 minutes).
2. Make Date or Fig filling: Combine Dates or Figs, brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
3. Make Streusel Topping: Combine granulated sugar, flour and leftover 1 T butter until crumbly; set aside.
4. Punch dough down. Roll to 20 x 10-inch rectangle. Melt remaining butter, brush on dough. Sprinkle with filling. Starting from the long side, roll up tightly as for jellyroll. Cinch seam and ends to seal. With seam side down, zigzag, roll back and forth to fit into 8½ X 4½ X 2½-inch loaf pan coated with “Bakers Joy”. Cover, let rise in warm, draft free place until almost doubled in size, about 1 hour.
5. Sprinkle with Streusel topping.
6. Bake at 350F for about 45-50 minutes or until done.
7. Cool on wire rack, cut and serve.