1. In small saucepan, heat milk and butter until very warm (120-130F).
2. In large bowl, blend warm liquid, 1 C flour, sugar, salt, yeast and egg at low speed until moistened.
3. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
4. By hand, stir in remaining flour to form soft dough.
5. On well-floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic, about 2 minutes.
6. Place dough in greased bowl; turn greased side up. Cover; let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size, 45 to 60 minutes.
7. Punch down dough. On well-floured surface, toss dough lightly until no longer sticky. Make into rolls, coffeecake or sweet rolls.
8. On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 18 X 15-inch rectangle.
9. Sprinkle dough generously with desired amount of sugar then cinnamon.
10. Starting with 18-inch side, roll up (jellyroll fashion). Pinch edges to seal.
11. Cut into 16 slices, place in greased muffin pans.
12. Cover; let rise until light and doubled in size, 30 to 45 minutes.
13. Bake in preheated oven (375F) for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pans. Yields 16 rolls
Butter Cream Frosting:
1 lb. (4 C) Confectionery sugar
½ C Butter or margarine, softened
1 t Vanilla
3 – 6 T Milk
Preparation: In a large bowl, beat together sugar, butter, vanilla and milk. If necessary, add more milk until frosting is spreading consistency. Do not frost cinnamon buns while warm unless consuming immediately because it will thin and run.