4 eggs, separated at room temperature
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup salad oil
1 1/2 tsps. baking powder
1/tsp. vanilla extract
2 pints strawberries, hulled
1 1/2 cups heavy or whipping cream
1/4 cup confection sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. In a large bowl with a mixer at high speed, beat eggs whites and cream of tarter until soft peaks form. Beating at high speed, sprinkle in 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating well after each addition until sugar is completely dissolved. Whites should stand in stiff peaks.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a small bowl with mixer a medium speed, beat in the egg yolks, flour, oil, baking powder, vanilla and 1/2 cup sugar until well mixed. With wire whisk fold flour mixture into beaten egg whites, just until blended. Pour mixture into greased 9-inch tube pan
3. Bake 1 hour or until top of cake springs back when lightly touched with finger. Invert cake in pan , cool completely
4. Cut strawberries lengthwise in half. Remove cake from pan, with serrated knife, slice cake in two horizontally, place bottom layer on a platter, spread with strawberry glaze to cover, then with half the whipped cream top with half the berries, repeat process with the top layer of cake.
5. With the heavy cream, confection sugar and Vanilla whip together at a high speed until thick. This is your whipped Cream for your layers.