Place starter ingredients in gallon size zip lock bag and place on counter.
Day 1 – Do nothing, just place it on the kitchen counter.
Day 2 – Squeeze the bag several times.
Day 3 – Squeeze the bag several times.
Day 4 – Squeeze the bag several times.
Day 5 – Squeeze the bag several times.
Day 6 – ADD: 1 Cup Flour, 1 Cup Sugar, and 1 Cup Milk and Squeeze the bag to blend ingredients.
Day 7 – Squeeze the bag several times.
Day 8 – Squeeze the bag several times.
Day 9 – Squeeze the bag several times.
Day 10 – Complete the following steps:
1. In large NON-METAL bowl, combine the batter with 1.5 cups flour, 1.5 cups sugar, and 1.5 cups milk.
2. Mix with wooden or plastic spoon. Pour 1 cup of starter mix into 4 separate gallon bags. Keep one starter bag for yourself, and give the other three to friends along with a copy of this recipe.
3. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
4. Add the "Bread" ingredients to the remaining batter in the bowl.
5. In a separate bowl, mix "Topping" ingredients.
6. Sprinkle ½ of this mixture over 2 well greased GLASS loaf pans before pouring in the batter (9x13 glass pan will work well with ALL of the batter in one pan).
7. Pour the batter evenly into the two pans (or one 9x13), and sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture over the top.
8. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until done (toothpick test).
Do NOT use metal spoons or bowls.
Do NOT refrigerate batter.
If air gets into the bag, let it out and reseal bag tightly.
It is normal for the batter to thicken, bubble, and ferment
Can add other items, as desired (flavored pudding mix, chocolate chips, etc).