1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Have ready some ungreased baking sheets.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and the sugars together until light and fluffy.
4. Blend in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract.
5. In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
6. Mix flour mixture into butter-sugar mixture.
7. Drop tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
8. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until golden around the edges.
9. Remove warm cookies and transfer to racks.
10. Let cool completely for a least one half hour, then frost with glaze.
(this will closely resemble New Orleans pralines)
1. In a medium saucepan, heat butter and brown sugar over medium heat until bubbly. Cook, stirring constantly, for one minute or until slightly thickened. Beat in the milk. Blend in confectioner's sugar until the glaze is smooth and spreadable. Quickly spread the glaze on the cookies. Please note; this glaze will harden fairly quickly. Reheat the glaze if necessary.