1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, at room temperature
3 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp cream cheese, softened
2 ounces jarred diced pimento peppers, drained
1 tbsp bread and butter pickle juice
1/2 tbsp creamy horseradish sauce
1 tsp yellow mustard
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp honey
1-1/4 cups shredded cabbage
8 slices thick-cut applewood smoked bacon
1-1/4 lbs ground chuck
1/4 lb cured and smoked country ham, finely chopped (or chopped in a food processor)
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 potato hamburger buns, split
1/2 cup crushed kettle-cooked potato chips
1. Heat oven to 375°.
2. Pimento Cheese: In a medium bowl, combine cheddar, Monterey Jack, mayonnaise, cream cheese, pimento peppers, pickle juice, horseradish sauce and mustard; mix until well-combined.
3. Honey Slaw: In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, honey and cabbage; mix until well-combined.
4. Heat a 12-inch nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook 5 to 10 minutes or until crisp, flipping once. Drain on a paper-towel-lined plate. Pour off almost all of the bacon fat from the pan, leaving a very thin layer.
5. Burgers: Combine the beef, country ham, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Handling the meat as little as possible to avoid compacting it, mix well. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and form into patties to fit the buns.
6. Using the same grill pan, cook the hamburgers over medium-high heat for 8 to 12 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature registers 145° on an instant- read thermometer for medium-rare.
7. Meanwhile, place buns on a rack in the oven. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
8. Assembly suggestions: Spread a generous amount of Pimento Cheese on the cut sides of the buns. On each bun bottom, place a thin layer of Honey Slaw. Top the slaw with a burger, 2 slices of bacon and crushed potato chips. Add the bun tops. Place the completed hamburgers on a nonstick baking sheet and bake in the oven for 1 minute. Serve burgers on warm plates.