1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients
5. Stir in the chocolate chips
6. With your fingers, place golf-ball size dough portions 2 in. apart on a ungreased cookie sheet
7. Bake for 9 minutes or until edges are light brown
It is very important that you do not exceed the cookie time above, even if the cookies appear to be under-baked. When the cookies are removed from the oven, the sugars will stay hot and continue the cooking process. The finished product should be soft in the middle and crunchy around the edges.