1 (16 oz.) pkg. lasagna noodles
1/2 lb. ground pork
1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
1 T. chopped fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 C. minced onion
2 T. ground carrots
1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 lb. small curd cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
3/4 C. grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 lb. mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 375º F. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
2. Place pork and beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Stir in tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, parsley, garlic, oregano, onion, sugar, basil and salt. Simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
4. In a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish, place 2 layers of noodles on the bottom of the dish; layer 1/2 of the cheese mixture, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 of the sauce. Repeat layers.
5. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes; let stand for 10 minutes before serving.