1. Combine 1 c flour, 1 pkg. yeast, 1/4 c sugar, and 3/4 t salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir well to blend.
2. Add 1/4 c margarine.
3. Add 3/4 c hot water.
4. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
5. Add egg and 1/2 c more of the flour.
6. Beat with electric mixer at high speed for 1 minute.
7. With wooden spoon, gradually stir in just enough of the remaining flour (about 1 cup) to make a soft dough which leaves the sides of the bowl.
8. Lightly flour the counter and turn the dough out onto the counter.
9. Sprinkle flour on top of the dough to prevent sticking.
10. Knead the dough 7-10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic. Test the dough by lightly pressing your finger into the dough. If the dough is kneaded enough it will quickly spring back.
11. When done kneading, cover the dough with a towel. Let the dough rest while you:
a. Clean up your dishes and work area
b. Grease a 9 x 13 inch cake pan
c. Get 1/4 c cinnamon/sugar mixture from supply table.
d. Get 2 T marg from the supply table.
12. Roll your dough into a 10 x 12 inch rectangle, spread with marg, sprinkle with cinn/sugar mixture.
13. Roll up tightly beginning with longest side. Pinch edge to seal firmly. Stretch to make it even.
14. Cut the log of dough into 12 one-in. pieces.
15. Place rolls, cut side down, in prepared pan.
16. Cover with plastic wrap & refrig. overnight.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until light brown.
3. While baking prepare icing.
4. Immediately remove rolls from pan onto rack.
5. While warm, drizzle rolls with icing.
1. Combine 1 c confectioners' sugar, 1 T marg, 1 T milk, and 1/2 t vanilla.
2. Beat until smooth- wooden spoon or mixer.
3. If icing is too thick, add more milk, 1 T at a time, until spreading consistency.