1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 bananas, mashed
¼ tsp. + 2 T cup
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 cup margarine, melted (replace with applesauce if ‘lightening up’)
1/3 cup sliced almonds
1/3 c. walnuts
1 carrot, peeled and shredded
1/2 c. craisins
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 c. oatmeal
¼ c. flour
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 T butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 12 extra large muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
1. Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
2. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, and margarine.
3. Stir in almonds, walnuts, carrot, and craisins.
4. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Cups should be about 2/3 full.
6. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, oatmeal, 2 T flour, and cinnamon. Cut in 1 T butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
7. Bake in preheated oven 18-20 minutes or until done.
8. Cool muffins and then wrap individually with plastic wrap for 24 hours. These will become more moist over the 24 hour time span. They are somewhat dry if eaten immediately after removing from oven.