• Mix tomato puree, yogurt, ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, roasted cumin powder, garam masala, coriander powder and salt. Stir well.
• Marinate the clean chopped bite-size chicken pieces with this mixture and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
• Heat oil in a pan. Fry the onions until golden brown.
• Add the marinated chicken and cook for about 10 minutes.
• Add 4 cups of water to the rice. Mix saffron in milk and add to it.
• Add cardamom powder and chicken pieces to the rice mixture and pressure cook. When done, mix the chicken in the rice gently.
• Garnish with green coriander leaves and serve hot.