1 lb ground beef
2 lbs Italian sausage (1 hot, 2 sweet)
1 medium onion, chopped
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 green pepper
1/2 yellow pepper
2 6 oz cans tomato paste
1 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 cup of spaghetti sauce
12 oz ricotta
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
8 oz provolone cheese, shredded
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 tsp parsley
1 TBLS Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp salt
1 TBLS sugar
9 lasagna noodles
1/2 cup milk
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Season ground beef with garlic powder and oregano.
2. Add 1 TBLS olive oil to skillet, brown ground beef and sausage, drain; remove and set aside. 3. Add garlic, onion, green pepper, yellow pepper and saute until translucent.
4. Return ground beef mixture to skillet with onion mixture, add crushed tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, salt, sugar, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, parsley, Italian seasoning, black pepper, garlic powder, and cook 15-20 minutes longer.
5. In a medium bowl combine provolone and mozzarella shredded cheeses.
6. In another medium bowl combine ricotta and Parmesan cheese, egg, milk and oregano.
7. Bring large pot salted water to boil; add noodles and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al denti; drain.
8. Layer a deep 9 X 12 baking pan with enough sauce to cover bottom of pan.
9. Lay 3 lasagna noodles on top of sauce and pour a layer meat sauce on top of noodles; then add layer of ricotta mixture; then sprinkle with mozzarella-provolone cheese mixture.
10. Repeat two more layers finishing with a noodle layer.
11. Add remaining meat sauce to final noodle layer, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
12. Bake covered in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes, uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.