1. In a large mixer bowl combine 2 cups of flour and yeast.
2. In a saucepan heat milk, sugar, butter, and salt just till warm (115-120 degrees) and butter is almost melted; stir constantly. Add to flour and yeast.
3. Add eggs to the flour mixture. Beat at low speed with electric mixer for 1/2 minute, scraping sides of bowl constantly. Beat 3 minutes at high speed.
4. With a spoon stir in as much remaining flour as you can.
5. Turn out onto a floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6-8 minutes total).
6. Shape into a ball. Place in a greased bowl; turn once. Cover; let rise in a warm place till double (about 1 hour).
7. Punch down; divide dough in half. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
8. Shape into desired rolls (see below). Cover; let rise till nearly double (about 30 minutes).
9. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or till golden brown. Makes 2 to 2 1/2 dozen.
To make butterhorns:
1. Lightly grease baking sheets.
2. On a lightly floured surface roll each half of dough into a 12-inch circle. Brush with melted butter. Cut each circle into 12 wedges. To shape, begin at wide end of wedge and roll toward point.
3. Place, point down, 2-3 inches apart on baking sheets. Let rise and bake as directed above.