* Start with a basic salad of lettuce or spinach or a combination Just use what you have in the pantry and get creative.
Use ANY combinations of the following:
* Carrots (shredded, sticks, discs)
* Green onion
* Peppers (red, yellow, green) (diced or sticks)
* Squash (yellow neck or zucchini) (diced or sticks)
* Cabbage (white or red)
* Any other vegetable you like
* Parsley, cilantro
* Meats - anything goes (hot taco flavored ground meat makes a taco salad, leftover bacon from breakfast, diced chicken from a meal the day before…)
* Pickles/relish - any flavor
* Shredded cheese - try different flavors
* Nuts (roasted slivered almonds, walnuts, pine nuts, pecans)
* Fruit (can drained Mandarin oranges, raisins, Cranraisins, sliced strawberries)
* Herbs (dill, basil, tarragon, etc)
* Seeds (sesame seeds, poppy seeds, celery seeds)
* Olive oil mixed with: lime juice, flavored vinegars, yogurt, flavored vinegars, jams, etc.
1. Chop desired ingredients.
2. Toss ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Add dressing of choice.
Some of my favorite combinations:
* Dressing - Juice of half a lime and dill herb mixed with olive oil over a basic salad
* Full Salad - Mandarin oranges, crumbled bacon, chopped onion on spinach salad with olive oil and rice vinegar.