1. Adjust the oven rack to middle position, and heat oven to 275º. Coat a 9X13 metal pan with cooking spray, then set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix oatmeal, wheat germ, brown sugar, salt, nuts, coconut, and cinnamon.
3. Bring syrup, oil and water to a simmer in a saucepan over low heat.
4. Drizzle syrup over oatmeal mixture, and stir to combine.
5. Pour mixture onto prepared pan. Working a handful at a time and squeeze cereal into form small clumps.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Stir in raisins. Continue to bake for 15 minutes, longer.
7. Let cool. Stir in chocolate chips.
Granola can be stored in an airtight container for 2 weeks.