1. Scald milk, adding the oats when it is hot and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and let stand until lukewarm about a half hour.
2. Mix 2 cups flour, yeast, and salt together dry in large bowl.
3. When milk/oatmeal goop is cool enough, add to flour yeast mixture. Add 3/4 cup molasses and beat 10 minutes with beater.
4. Work in enough flour (5-6 cups) to make stiff dough. Add raisins, knead until elastic.
5. Oil and let rise, covered in a large bowl until double in size. Punch down and knead again.
6. Divide dough into thirds, rolling each third into a rectangle. Spread rectangles with butter, sprinkle generously with brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
7. Roll each rectangle up tightly, making sure tp seal ends. Place in three greased loaf pans. Brush with butter and let rise until just right height for baking.
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.