· ¼ pound beef round steak, boneless
· 1 tsp olive oil
· 1 cup sliced carrots
· ½ cup sliced onion
· 1 Tbsp soy sauce
· ¼ tsp garlic powder
· Sprinkle pepper as desired
· 2 cups zucchini squash, cut into thin strips
· 2 cups broccoli florets
· 1 cup baby corn
· 1 Tbsp cornstarch
· ¼ cup water
1. Trim all fat from steak. Slice steak across the grain into thin strips about 1/8 inch wide and 3 inches long. Tip: partially frozen meat is easier to slice.
2. Heat olive oil in fry pan. Add beef strips and stir-fry over high heat, turning pieces constantly, until beef is no longer red (3-5 min).
3. Reduce heat. Add carrots, onion, and seasonings; cover and cook until carrots are slightly tender (3-4 min).
4. Add squash, broccoli, and baby corn; cook until vegetables are slightly tender to crisp (3-4 min).
5. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth. Add slowly to beef mixture, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened and vegetables are coated with a thin glaze.