· 8 oz uncooked BarillaŅ Plus Lasagna Noodles (with added protein, fiber and omega-3s)
· 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
· 1 cup shredded carrots
· ½ cup sliced green onions
· ½ cup sliced red bell pepper
· ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
· ½ tsp black pepper
· 1 ½ cups 1% low-fat cottage cheese
· 1 cup skim milk
· ½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
· 2 egg whites
· 1 cup sliced mushrooms
· 1-14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
· 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
· ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Rinse under cold water; drain well.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F. Pat spinach with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Combine spinach, carrots, green onions, bell pepper, parsley and black pepper in large bowl. Combine cottage cheese, buttermilk, yogurt and egg whites in food processor or blender; process until smooth.
3. Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange a third of lasagna noodles in bottom of pan. Spread with half each of cottage cheese mixture, vegetable mixture, mushrooms, artichokes and mozzarella. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
4. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Remove cover; continue baking 20 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.