2 Tbl. olive oil
1 bay leaf
2 Tbl. heavy cream
2 Tbl. milk
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup Blue cheese crumbled
salt, to taste
white pepper, to taste
1 pkg. Pie dough, thawed
4 3-1/2 inch ring molds
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Peel the onion, cut in half, than slice thinly.
2. Cook the onion and bay leaf in olive oil until very soft and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
3. Remove to a plate and allow to cool.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, cream, milk, garlic. Season with salt and white pepper.
Presentation or Assembly
1. To assemble the tarts, place pastry on a work surface and with a rolling pin, roll out the dough until it is 1/8 inch thick. Cut the pastry into circles about 4 inches in diameter.
2. Place in ring molds so that it fits in the bottom and up the sides. Trim off the portion over the top of the mold if necessary.
3. Prick the dough with the tines of a fork and blind bake for 5 minutes. Place a teaspoon of onions on pasty, spreading evenly.
4. Ladle 1-1/2 Tbl. egg mixture onto onions, and top with Blue cheese crumbled.
5. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes.
6. Drizzly the walnuts dressing on plate in back and form pattern. Place tart on top to right of the pattern
7. Serve warm or at room temperature.