1. Mix the flour shortening and salt with a pasty cutter (or slice with knife and back of fork until the mixture is crumbly and in little balls the size of peas.
2. beat the egg, water and vinegar in a blender or with an egg beater.
3. Add the beaten mixture to the flour mixture.
4. Stir as lightly as possible, to barely blend the mixtures.
5. Form into 2 balls.
6. Roll out one ball at a time, using a floured surface and floured roller. Do not stretch.
7. Place in a pie pan. Trim edge 1 inch around the outside of the pan.
For double crust add filling, cut design in top crust, fold in half, wet edge of crust in tin. Place on top crust pressed together, fold under & mold.
For single shell, to be baked before filling, bake on outside o ftin. prick with fork.
For single shell to be baked with filling (as pumpkin) fold the dough under and flute edges.
Bake single empty shell in hot oven. Check frequently. For filled pie crusts, cook according to filling recipes.