1 package active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water, 110 degrees F.
2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
1 1/3 cup cool water
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1/2 cup reduced-fat margarine (cut into small
nonstick cooking spray
1. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, oregano,
rosemary, and basil together.
3. Add the 1 1/3 cup water, dissolved yeast,
egg whites, and margarine.
4. Knead the dough for about 3 minutes.
5. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it rise in a
warm place (about 85 degrees F.)
until it doubles in size, about1 to 1 1/2 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 400 egrees F.
7. Lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick
8. Roll the dough out to about 1/3-inch thick-
ness on a floured board.
9. Using a biscuit cutter cut the rolls and put
them on the baking sheet.
10. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown.
Makes about 2 dozen rolls.
Per serving: 70 cal, 11 g carb, 0 mg chol, 51 sodium, 2 g prot, 2 g fat. *calories from fat = 19