1) Preheat oven to 350º
2) Line a baking tray with foil
3) In large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using a mixer. Add the salt, egg, and vanilla, mixing constantly. Slowly add the flour and continue mixing until the ingredients are well-combined.
4) When the dough is completely mixed, use your hands to shape it into round 1-inch balls (Evelyn's favorite part, but she says please wash hands first no germs). Place each ball 2 inches apart on baking tray.
4A) If you would like you can add chocolate chips, or a kiss, or a small piece of candy in the middle of each one.
5) Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden. Let cool for about 5 minutes on wire rack.
6) While the cookies are baking, sift the powdered sugar into a large plastic bag.
7) After the cookies have cooled, place them in the bag full of powdered sugar and gently shake the bag (not like a rino Evie says) until the cookies are coated with sugar. They will look just like little snowballs! If you want you can even coat the cookies twice to make them look extra snowy. This is how Evelyn likes them.